Dr. Waheed Mustafa Butt
Abid Abrar Husain
Senior Chemical Engineer
Sami Ullah Haq
Manager Mechanical Maintenance
- M.Sc. Chemical Technology, Punjab University (1955)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Chemical Engineering University College, London (1954-55)
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, London University (1956-59)
- C.Engr. M.I. ChemE (London)
- Past President and Fellow of the Institute of Chemical Engineers Pakistan
Dr. Waheed Mustafa Butt, a chemical engineer holds sixty years of experience in engineering design, research and development and project management of process plants. In addition, Dr. Butt has vast knowledge in project identification, pre-investment surveys, feasibility studies, development of financial and technology packages; local design, engineering and fabrication of equipment; development of software packages for training. He has also compiled numerous studies on productivity improvement, production and cost control, energy systems optimization, balancing, revamping and modernization of dated plants. An avid writer, Dr. Butt has contributed to many research journals both nationally and internationally.
- Graduate, University of Punjab (1976)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (Major in Marketing and Management)
- Marketing training course, University of Missouri-Columbia U.S.A (1980)
Tanvir Yusuf started his Career in 1983 with Life Line Private Limited (“LLPL”), now an affiliate of Shell Petroleum Pakistan, as a Marketing Assistant. By 1987, he was heading the department as Marketing Head and was marketing Liquefied Petroleum Gas all over Pakistan. He left LLPL in 1990 to seek other challenges and business opportunities. And ventured into the telecommunication industry in 1990. In collaboration with Motorola, Inc. and Digital Communications as General Manager Mr. Yusuf setup the first cellular paging operations in Islamabad. He instituted physical infrastructure for the services to become operative. He remained with DCPL until 1990.
In 1991, Mr. Yusuf joined Technology Management Int’l (Pvt.) Ltd (Techma) as a director of Marketing. His primary responsibility was to develop existing business and expand the scope of Techma’s products and services. By establishing a consortium of Hyundai Engineering Co., Ltd. of Korea, EMAC of UK, Solar Turbine of USA, and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries of Japan, he successfully administered a gas compression project for the state owned Oil & Gas Development Company. In addition, Mr. Yusuf pioneered the introduction of ZIC lubricants (SK lubricants | Korea) in 1996—played a key role in the development of a market penetration strategy that has proven to have successfully launched the product in Pakistan, distribution of which is now held by Hi-Tech Lubricants Ltd.
- B.Sc. Economics, University of Punjab (1973)
- Training: Deloitte Haskins and Sells, UK (1975–81)
Mr Husain carries over 35 years in financial management of large projects. He has arranged financing for BOT, turn-key and supply contracts. In addition, he has worked on working capital for projects as well as lease financing. Some of his salient accomplishments include, arrangement of supplier credit and working capital of a large BOT project for the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa; negotiations with banks for syndicated loans for an LPG distribution company and functioned as a consultant with the Government of Kenya for compilation of the regulatory, legal and financial frameworks in the road/transport sector.
- B.Sc (Chemical Engineering) Aston University UK. 1979
Specialized in Fuel and Gas Technology
Mr. Tauqir has over 30 years of experience in Project Management, Technical Feasibility Studies , Project Evaluation, Technical Audits and Economic/Financial Analysis. In addition, Mr Tauqir has supervised the pipeline cleaning and intelligent pigging of 865km Parco Pipeline from Karachi to Mahmood Kot and worked as a project engineer in Oil & Gas Production Facilities at Aramco Fields in Saudi Arabia.
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering (1968), UET Lahore
- Postgraduate Diploma Course in Water & Desalination Technology – 1974
- Manager Mechanical Maintenance (1983 to Present) Technology Management Int’l (Pvt.) Ltd
- Consultant to Fatimi’s on Various Projects (1983 to 1985)
- Water Treatment Chemicals
- Technologies for Effluent Treatment
- Ion Exchange and RD Processes.
- Project Engineer/Engineering Manager (1975 to 1982) Sogex International in Beirut Abu Dhabi and Oman
- Project Engineer (1973 to 1975) Trap and Partners International Beirut
Advisors and Consultants
Lt. Gen. Afzal Jangua (Rtd)
Retired Lieutenant General Afzal Jangua advises the team at Technology Management on matters relating to defense institutes and large-scale state owned corporations in the power and petroleum sector.
Mr. Sami Ul Haq Khilji
Secretary (Rtd), Ministry of Communication and Railways
Mr. Khilji, a veteran government official with 28 years of experience in state policy matters related to various government ministries. Prior to his retirement, Mr. Khilji held the position of Secretary, Ministry of Communication and Railways.